When We Collect Information
Livable by Design collects information from you when you subscribe to our website, post a comment, fill out a form, or enter information on our site. Additionally, information is collected via cookies when you surf this website. You can read more information about this in the “Cookies” section below.
Livable by Design follows standard procedure for using log data. Log data is the information recorded by our web server when you visit this website. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, device, referrer pages, exit pages, date and time stamps.
The purpose of log data is for site security, to analyze trends, track user movement on the website and gather demographic information.
Types of Information We Collect
If you opt to comment on a blog post by filling out the ‘Leave a Reply’ form, we will collect your comment, IP address, and browser user agent string (which helps protect our site from spam). The comment and its metadata are stored indefinitely so that we can recognize and approve any future comments automatically (so any future comments are not held in a moderation queue). Only your name (as entered by you), your URL (if you provide it) and your comment will be visible. Your email and IP address remain private and will not be publicly displayed.
An anonymized string from your email address will attempt to reach out to a Gravatar service. If you have a Gravatar account, after your comment is approved, your profile picture will be publicly visible next to your comment.
If you do not want this information to be collected you may always refrain from commenting on this blog. If at any time, you would like your comment to be removed from the blog or subscription to comments to be removed you can request this by contacting email@example.com.
If you choose to receive new blog posts directly to your email inbox, you may complete the form “Subscribe to My Blog.” We will collect your email address in this form, which authorizes WordPress to send posts to directly to you. Your information will not be visible publicly, and no information collected will be shared, sold, or otherwise given to any third party.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or turn off all cookies through your browser settings. If cookies are turned off, some features may be disabled or may not function properly.
Third Party Disclosure
Livable by Design will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer Personally Identifiable Information to any outside parties.
Third Party Links
From time to time, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These sites have their own separate privacy policies, which may or may not align with the policies of Livable by Design. This website retains no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Age of Consent
In using our website, you attest that you are at least the age of majority and/or have given consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site. Livable by Design does not retain responsibility for use of this site by any individual below the age of majority.
Sensitive Personal Information
Your Rights Related to Personal Information
You have the right, at any time, to opt out of subscription to our website by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the email you receive with our posts. You may also request access to the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to amend or update your personal information, you may email us at the above address. Please allow 1-2 weeks for us to respond. You may also request that we forget or erase your personal information by sending us an email.
Please be advised that we may be required to retain certain information for purposes of record keeping, or when required by law.
The following is the disclosure policy for Livable by Design. This website is a personal blog written, edited, and maintained by April Barcalow. For questions concerning this website, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
At this time, Livable by Design does not feature sponsored posts. If you are interested in sponsoring a post, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this process and any related terms.
Sponsored posts will always be clearly identified at the beginning of the post with the following information:
- Sponsored post: I receive financial reimbursement for the post, but retain all editorial control of the content published
- Paid advertisement: I receive payment for including information about a product written by the brand. All opinions expressed about the brand are my own.
- Gifted item: I received a gifted product from the brand and have chosen to write about the product. All opinions expressed are my own.
At this time, Livable by Design does not employ the use of affiliate links. Any future use of affiliate links will be clearly identified at the beginning of any post containing these links.
If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. This comes at no additional cost to you. If you prefer not to use my affiliate links, you may simply refrain from clicking on them.
I only use affiliate links to products that I personally believe are valuable or useful to my readers.
This website uses WorAds.co advertisements. The companies that advertise on the site through WorAds.co are in no way connected to or endorsed by Livable by Design. If you do not wish to see these ads, or disagree with their use, you may refrain from clicking on them or install ad-blocking software.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of the Livable by Design website. By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page, please do not continue to use the Livable by Design website.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions: “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting Livable by Design’s terms and conditions. “I,” “We,” “Our,” “Me,” and “Us,” refers to April Barcalow and Livable by Design.
License and Copyright
Unless otherwise stated, Livable by Design and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Livable by Design. All intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may choose to view and/or print pages from http://www.livablebydesign.online for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions outlined in these terms and conditions.
You may not:
- Republish material from http://www.livablebydesign.online
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://www.livablebydesign.online
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://www.livablebydesign.online
- Redistribute content from Livable by Design (unless the content is specifically identified as having been made for redistribution).
Comments and User Interactions
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. While Livable by Design does moderate comments prior to their appearance on the website, the Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Livable by Design, its agents or affiliates. Comments solely reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Livable by Design shall not be held responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- Livable by Design reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Livable by Design a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Linking to Content
- The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are not among the organizations listed above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
We shall not claim any responsibility or liability for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to defend and indemnify us against all claims arising out of, or based upon, your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Website or within any context which contain content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene, or criminal; or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in our sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Links on Our Website
If you feel any link on our Website or any linked web site is objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider these requests to remove links; however, we will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
While we strive to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
Livable by Design strives to make its content factual, accurate, and current; however, information regarding chronic illnesses is constantly changing as new research becomes available. For this reason, some content on Livable by Design may be outdated. Please be advised to always do your own research and consult with your own medical professional before implementing any changes and/or regarding all information written on this website.
All information on Livable by Design is intended to be helpful and useful; however, it is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any illness or disease. The content on this website is intended solely for informational purposes, and is not to be used as a substitute for any medical, legal, financial, or other expert advice. You are advised to always consult with a professional familiar with your individual situation before implementing any changes.
Content on the Livable by Design website is provided free of charge, and we will not be held liable for loss or damage of any kind.
If you have any questions relating to any of our terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated April 1, 2022